Sunday, September 4, 2016

Music That Moves

It's a dream I always had:
Finally I got my own international band together! Making music while travelling. And why not?! It's not such an odd concept. The idea isn't all new. It has been around quiet a while. George Frideric Handel is one of composers having made use of this combination. His "Water Music" was especially composed to be performed while floating down the river. And why not. To me it makes complete sense.

My dad always kept lots of opera tapes in his car and I always loved to listen to them, when we were driving somewhere… anywhere… As a kid I remember lying on the floor listening to my parents old classical records (vinyl that is). In my fantasy I was traveling about the globe as easy as a flap of a swallows' wing. And to me it was as real as the carpet I was lying on. "Music was my first love, And it'll be my last, Music of the future, And music of the past." These lines from the John Miles song "Music" probably describe my relation with music best. But above all music is the present and the language of the heart to me.

So, let's go out on a limb! Let us all embark on a journey through the realms of classical music, an inspiring journey moving lightly through the exquisite works of genius! All you have to do is open your hearts and let yourself be moved. And who knows, where on this planet we will meet? I'm looking forward to it.

The Classical Voyagers, here:
http://classicalvoyagers.blogspot.de/
 ...

No comments:

Post a Comment